The service is kid-friendly and just a half-hour long, including Holy Eucharist. The service makes it easier for us to welcome people of all ages to become part of our community. Members and friends of St. Ann’s can help support this effort to grow by spreading the word among the earlier risers you know!
Sunday School takes place from 10:15 am-11:00 am, welcoming children and youth, ages 4 through 12 who attend Early Church with their families. During Sunday School, parents are free to attend coffee hour, participate in Sandwich Sundays or join other activities offered seasonally by the church.
Sunday School at St. Ann’s is fun. We use classic Bible stories and creative, hands-on projects as springboards for the contemplation of God.What’s Going on for Spring 2017?
- We continue the new Sunday School section, Children’s Choir.
- St. Ann’s Pre-K/K group is taught by Halley Potter Taylor, parishioner and author of the book, A Smarter Charter: Finding What Works for Charter Schools and Public Education. Children in 1st-5th grade have their own section, taught by Mother Kate.
- St. Ann’s Resident Seminarian, Dr. Matt Burdette, is leading a group for older youth, which can also serve as preparation for Confirmation in the Episcopal Church at St. Ann’s on Saturday, May 6, 2017, for those who choose.
- At least once a month, all the kids are together for Choir.
- The Spring 2017 syllabus is attached. Take a look, and invite a friend.
Led by parent Josh Williams, our Children’s Choir meets once a month in lieu of regular Sunday School class. Children learn a mix of music, including classic hymns. Everyone has fun getting to know one another better while producing beautiful music! Hear the choir rehearsing “Silent Night” for the recent Christmas Pageant.
Resident Seminarian Matthew Burdette, PhD Theology, is leading a group for Middle and High School students twice a month. This group can serve as preparation for Confirmation in the Episcopal Church for those who choose. Classes are scheduled for January 29, February 26, March 26, April 23 and April 30. St. Ann’s will host a diocesan-wide Confirmation Service on Saturday, May 6, 2017.
Interfaith Youth Service Projects
Initiated by St. Ann’s so that our youngest members have something to grow into, and in cooperation with the Brooklyn Heights Interfaith Clergy Association, this program invites 6th-12th graders of different faiths to perform community service together on a regular basis. A different neighborhood church, synagogue or mosque hosts every month, typically on the third Sunday of the month, from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Friends are welcome.
Please join us any Sunday. Newcomers are always welcome! If you have any questions about the program, please contact Mother Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the office at 718-875-6960.
Last year, the following Lenten podcast, Palm Sunday and Maundy Thursday: Dusty Feet, kicked off a series of podcasts by Mother Kate. Find the series to-date here. New podcasts are forthcoming this spring. Stay tuned!
Palm Sunday and Maundy Thursday: Dusty Feet
Click on image to enlarge
<iframe width=”480″ height=”270″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/F9UrvMbjTOw” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>